Friday, October 14, 2011






This is Ellen's quilt.  She likes the quilting on the lighter side.  I kept the quilting pretty simple.  I didn't stitch in the ditch on this quilt and again...love continuous line.  I used two threads, a medium brown and a cream.  I used a curved ruler, for all the curved feather vines in the triangles.  For the center feather design, I used an acrylic circle to make a symmetrical feather vine around the outside of the embroidery...circle in the center then filled in with the feathers.  Her piecing was amazing.  Perfectly square!!

This is Elna's sweet quilt.  I used the pattern Deb's Dahlias on it.

~Jenny~

8 comments:

  1. I just love how you dealt with this sampler...these are always a challenge for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! Look at how the quilting makes the center of Ellen's quilt seem to float! That is so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love how you feathered around the embroidery, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Jenny your quilting is really lovely. I love how you quilted this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Love, love, love the way you quilted Ellen's top!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenny, I love how you quilted Ellen's top .. it was just the right amount of quilting for that quilt! xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! Greetings from Finland! I LOVE that quilt! It's stunning!!! I am speechless. The colors are so fantastic! Thank you for your lovely blog! I am so happy to I found your blog! It's so nice to find other quilters all around the world! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! Greetings from Finland! That quilt is so fantastic! I am speechless! It’s so nice to find other quilters all around the world!

    ReplyDelete