Monday, April 4, 2011

I'm sorry to admit this is a donation quilt I've had for a couple of years now!  But it was a perfect one to try out an overall quilting design I've wanted to try ever since I saw what Kathy did to this one!  It doesn't quite look the same as hers.  Myne looks like little worm paths.  Kathy's is beautiful.  I have one more donation quilt to do and I'm going to try it again, but not be so squiggly and wormy looking...we'll see!


This is Luann's quilt.  I did a freehand overall hook feather on it.  She had some very pretty Asian fabrics in this quilt.

6 comments:

  1. I admired Kathy's too! Yours looks fabulous too!! Love the allover feathers!! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the feathers. What do you use for a thread when all the fabrics vary so much in color?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it looks cool...love the all over feathers. Hard to believe you do them free-hand. They are gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are amazing! Lessons please!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your topo quilting looks great! Now I need to find the courage to try your beautiful meandering hooked feathers on a quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The allover feathers look great.

    ReplyDelete