Thursday, September 8, 2011

Finally...kids in school and back to quilting!  I've had this quilt on the machine ready to be quilted for a week now.  School started yesterday...so I was finally able to put some time into the quilt and finished it up today!







This is Lisa's quilt.  She wanted custom quilting on it.  I really enjoyed quilting this up!  I did a lot of continuous curve...piano key for the border...stitched in the ditch in the major seams...I also wanted to accent the large Ohio Stars and this is where I did some pebbling to try to pull that star out since the quilt is pretty monochromatic.  Lisa's piecing was wonderful and she provided me with wool batting to use.  I love wool batting!!  Also...I used Sew Fine thread through out the whole quilt.  I went with a light medium tan tone so I didn't have to switch the thread.  It took me about 10 hrs to do up..I think that's it.  Oh and I used Magna glide prewound bobbins for the back of the quilt.  I shoulda took a picture of the back?  Maybe tomorrow. :)

Hope you like it Lisa and thanks again for your patience!

~Jenny~

9 comments:

  1. Jenny - I am speechless. The quilt is absolutely stunning. I can't wait to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowsers!! Fantastic blend of quilting designs, it looks gorgeous. You rocked that one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the variety of quilting! You emphasized Lisa's piecing so nicely with the quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowee...this is really awesome. I can't stop looking at. You did an amazing job on this one. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous!! Fantastic work, it looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous. Thank you so much for sharing. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I just love everything about the quilting on this one - very nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh absolutely stunning!!! You are genius.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did a beautiful job on the quilting. That was time well spent.

    ReplyDelete